Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hummus with a twist

Since I don't particularly like the taste of Tahini which is an important compoment in the making of Hummus , I came up with my own twist ! and it is toasted sesame seeds instead of tahini. I made this and brought to work and everyone loved it to a great extent . Many have asked me for the recipe. So here you go !

                                                                           

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cans of chickpeas washed and drained
  • 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 tbs of toasted sesame seeds
  • coarse sea salt to taste
  • 1 lemon juice
  • 2 cloves of garlic
METHOD :

  • Pulse chickpeas in food processor
  • Add sesame seeds and garlic
  • Add oil slowly while alternating with lemon juice until you achieve a smooth paste
  • Add salt to taste

TIPS :
Drizzle with more olive oil and smoked paprika, serve with toasted pita bread

1 comment:

  1. I was fortunate enough to taste only few varieties made by you, they were lip smacking
    Eagerly waiting to taste the twist wala Hummus
    Regards,
    Bharat

    ReplyDelete