Thursday, September 20, 2012

About Cannelle et Cardamome-Mauritian cuisine and beyond !

How it all started

I love cooking ! This, since I was probably 7-8 years old when I first started my culinary experience in my grandmother's kitchen. I would follow my grandmother in the kitchen and watch her every moves while she made intricate dishes such as Biryani. As I grew up, the passion increased even more and then I saw myself doing food photography of all the dishes I made. I am inspired by many celebrity chefs on TV. Anthony Bourdain being my most favorite, I also love Nigella Lawson, Jamie Oliver, David Rocco to name a few and of course Julia child !

I have been planning to blog for a very long time but never got to it. I have always posted my food photography on Facebook . It was easy and quick. No matter how much my family and friends told me I should have a blog I kept postponing ......out of laziness. However, recently I have been going through a lot of food blogs and have been amazed by the incredible blogs out there. I was finally motivated to have my own . I thought I could just upload the pictures I already have and everyone would have easy access to the recipes on the blog itself.

So, Happy blogging to me and I hope you all enjoy my site . Visit often and share ideas ! What you will find on this blog is a lot more than just Mauritian cuisine !

Sajeeda

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you finally took the plunge! Welcome to blog land and wish you all the best!
    Tassy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, do you the recipe for hot ice cream balls???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I have attempted Hot ice cream balls before , will certainly give it another try and will post recipe. Thank you

    ReplyDelete